Laurens Langerveld's Publications
Aside from her hard work in both the University and her clinic, Dr. Marge Smith had authored several papers on extensive subjects and emerging treatments for Diabetes and various endocrine disorders. She is also a co- moderator of the UC publication and is a frequent contributor in the health section in which she thoroughly exposes the newest information she can find regarding endocrine related topics. She has also self- published 5 books, all of which are part of her private collection as a memento of her successful researches done over the period of her career. These books are still circulated and are being used as references for future doctors who hare the same interest n endocrinology as Dr. Smith.
Through the years Dr. Smith had contributed to several publications as well. The topics mostly cover diabetes and its relationship to other factors. This list is the most recent contributions submitted in major journals all over the country. You can read some of her articles from the archives on her website.
- The advent of health state utilities in the Diabetes Prevention Program. Obesity (Golden Spring). January, 2012
- Biological and social exposures : the environment of premature chronic diseases. The Diet Assoc. January, 2012
- Chronic Kidney Disease Initiative and Diabetes. Translated at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention . Journal of Kidney Diseases. February, 2012
- Diabetes: Navigating its seas. Diabetes Weekly. February, 2012
- Diabetes in white youth: prevalence, and clinical characteristics. Diabetes: we Care. March,
- Public health against diabetes. Public Health. April, 2011
- Diabetes through the decades. Preventive Measures. April, 2011.
- Standing Tall for 20 Years: Life after Diabetes. Health today. April, 2011
- The Circles for Diabetes Education. Diabetes Educator Weekly. May 2011
- Changing the World of Diabetes. Diabetes Weekly. July, 2011
- The results of the evolving diabetes epidemic. Diabetes Through Time.November, 2010
- Health response to diabetes. DAMA. November, 2010.
- Quality of Diabetes Care in the Modern Methodologies. Chronic Illnesses. August, 2010
- The science of type 2 diabetes prevention. Chronic Diseases. July 2010.
- Parathyroid hormone role in Diabetes. Geriartric Society. July 2010
- Gestation and Diabetes: Diabetes in the Womb. Epidemiol. July 2010
- Risk-scoring systems in determining incident diabetes mellitus number. Medical Society,June, 2010
- Association of type 2 diabetes with children: who is at fault?. Diabetes Today. June 2011.
- The public health approach to type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Weekly. June 2011.
- Cardiovascular disorders risk profiles in gestational diabetes. Obstetrics and Diabetics. June, 2011.
- Diabetes Mellitus and Child’s Serum Parathyroid Hormone Levels
- Early Gestation and Diabetes. How a Mother’s Behavior during her Pregnacy Affects the Endocrine System.
- How to Survive Type 1 Diabetes in the Youth.
- Modern War: The Public Against Type 2 diabetes.
- Modern Management of Diabetes in the Young.
© Laurens Langerveld, 2013